Thursday, January 2, 2020

Amy Howard at Home Paint Review: My New Favorite Chalk Paint!

It’s fast, easy, and provides the perfect matte finish to really enhance the paint color. Not to mention it gives it the most velvety touch if you’re not really into that dry chalky look. The first piece I started with was my nightstand. I set the small jar of paint upside down in my sink while I cleaned my nightstand. I was painting all of this furniture in my bedroom because there was no way I could move all of the furniture downstairs into the garage and back up by myself. Surprisingly, I did not even notice any odor to the paint.

This is due to computer monitors displaying colors differently and everyone can see these colorsdifferently... We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product. I’ve purchased many of these items and have nothing but positive comments. The best part is, you have a video on YouTube to walk you through each and every scenario you could possibly have. Thank you for your dedication and belief you have in your products.

New Colors

I was back and forth on the color choice and ultimately chose the Atelier. I decided to leave the mirror with the original stain and I am glad I did. After the nightstand was done in such a short period of time, I celebrated with a cup of coffee and planned my next piece of furniture to paint. I knew the desk was going to be a bit more time-consuming due to all the detailed pieces.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

I think you just need some heavy stirring like peanut butter that is super separated. I did some sanding between coats to try and even it out. I would try a different brush also, especially if you’re using the Amy Howard one. Unless you put a clear coat on it like I did you may need to consult the Amy Howard website.

Toscana Milk Paint

Once the furniture was clean and completely dry, I started painting and was shocked! It was super smooth and creamy and absolutely the easiest paint to work with…ever! From start to finish it took less than 30 minutes to do the entire piece. One step does not necessarily mean one coat, however that was the case with the black paint. This week, I found a cute bookcase headboard at a local consignment shop that I thought would be perfect in my daughter’s room.

I am having a very difficult time sanding the edges of my chairs to distress them. The paint just doesn’t want to come off to give it that distressed look. I have used all kinds of sandpaper from fine to coarse. Wondering if we will be able to clean the paint brushes with soap and water or will need thinner.

Custom Finishes with One Step Paint & Waxes

Create custom 3-dimensional accents that can be painted or gilded for a stunning custom look. Check out the Color of the Month Club to find out how you can grab these gorgeous hues. I’m slightly relieved to know it’s advanvced so I don’t feel like I’ve missed out in using it. There is a fine line between “need” and “should” when it comes to waxing and sealing Amy Howard at Home paint.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

However, I would never use this paint on an expensive dresser again or any other antique, timeless furniture piece for that matter. Paint application – The One Step paint was very easy to apply and spread fairly evenly. I was working in a hot garage and the paint dried pretty quickly so I had to keep moving. You can also seal your piece with Amy Howard Bright Idea, clear wax orDark Antique Wax.

I have cabinets that have been in this house for about as long as the house has been standing, but deff needed something done with them. I used Bauhaus Buff and the dark wax over the paint. They are so pretty and we didn't have to spend thousand on new cabinets that wouldn't of come close to being as good of quality as the ones I have. I also redid an old dresser for my babies toys. My next step is my bathroom, just not sure what color or the steps needed for a bathroom.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

For the past ten years I’ve talked about redoing this dresser, as you can see in the next picture the top has coffee cup stains and its pretty dinged up. Of course, I didn’t realize how much these Bassett dressers cost new. Anyway, I always shied away from having to chemically strip the old varnish so I never got around to it. That is until I discovered the Amy Howards One Step paint. I purchased the small jar, the gal working at our local Ace Hardware store told me the paint goes a long way, and started prepping the dresser. Rejuvenate tired wooden finishes or bring unfinished wood grain to life.

where to buy amy howard one step paint

This allows all settlements and pigments to mix back into the paint. I opted for the Graphite Gray One Step paint to redo an old Bassett dresser I’ve had for over 20 years. While we strive to provide accurate color samples, actual colors may vary.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

Dry with a damp rag and wait until its completely dry before moving on to step 3. I have done a lot of painting with Amy Howard one step and found thinning it with water as directed was essential to getting a smooth finish. That being said it took more coats to cover but turned out great. I did my kitchen cabinets 6 years ago and I really use my kitchen. I am now painting my kitchen cabinets with Amy Howard.

how do you apply amy howard chalk paint?

The Original Amy Howard at Home One-Step Paint collection features our most popular colors that revolutionized the furniture refinishing industry. Here is a picture I found from the 2012 High Point Furniture Market taken by Brooke Giannetti, a Calfornia-based interior decorator. I suggest another shake-up or make sure it’s really stirred up. This paint is really thick and can be challenging to work with. Those are my tips for using Amy Howard At Home® One Step Paint™.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

However, I've never had any issues with using chalk paint to paint over a previous paint job. I also painted an armoire with the basic black and a few mirrors. I did all of this with the small sample pot of paint and I still have some paint leftover for future projects. Wrap your brush in a piece of plastic foil, or a little plastic bread baggie, in between coats to keep your brush from drying out.

Amy Howard at Home paint reviews (my honest feedback)

I also tested out the big box retail brands of chalk paint like Behr and Valspar. Then, I finally graduated into making my own version of chalk paint. Which I only recommend for experienced DIYers . You can use Amy Howard paint for all kinds of projects. I’ve personally painted wood furniture with Amy Howard paint, as well as our coat closet door and a bathroom vanity. I think my favorite piece I painted was my dresser.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

I am a little concerned about how to clean them. Experience incredible paint coverage while you enjoy starting your project without stripping, sanding, or priming. Some times the little scratches and flaws in the wood of a piece of furniture add character and should be high-lighted instead of hidden away under layers of paint. Before you move on be sure to check out our 9 Benefits Of DIY Furniturearticle. The creation of your own furniture is a fun opportunity to think outside the box and exercise your creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mark Zuckerberg and his fake facial hair are everywhere but why are we so fascinated? Life-style News

Table Of Content Is that head scrotum? YourCentralValley.com KSEE24 and CBS47 Video Leonardo da Vinci would have been very proud of this bar...